Locations of Showings
February 5, Akira showing and lecture
The ToonSeum is located in downtown Pittsburgh's Cultural District at 945 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. To get there from the Cathedral of Learning,, take any inbound-Downtown bus (any 61 or 71) on Fifth Ave (not the bus lane side!). Get off at 6th Aveneu and Smithfield, then turn right down Smithfield Avenue and walk towards Liberty Avenue. Turn right down Liberty Avenue and walk to the Toonseum.
University of Pittsburgh: Frick Fine Arts Building
February 11, 5cm per second
February 25, Summer Wars
February 28, Lecture, Dr. Steven Ridgley
Please follow these directions to reach the Frick Fine Arts building from the Cathedral of Learning:
- Head south down Bigelow Blvd. towards Schenley Dr.
- Continue down along Schenley Dr. past the Hillman Library and Posvar Hall until the next intersection
- Cross the intersection, going straight towards the Mary Schenley Memorial Fountain, behind which the Frick Fine Arts building can be found
Carnegie Mellon University: McConomy Auditorium (in University Center)
February 18, Memories
McConomy Auditorium is inside the CMU University Center. The address is 5032 Forbes Avenue Pittsburgh. To get there from the Cathedreal of Learning, follow these directions:
- Turn left from Bigelow Blvd. onto Forbes Ave.
- Continue going straight on Forbes Ave. until you reach Morewood Ave.
- For a short distance past Morewood Ave., the University Center will be on your right, across the road from CMU Alumni House. It also faces the courtyard in which the "Walking to the Sky" statue is located. McConomy Auditorium can be found on the first floor.