Undergraduate students enrolled in Intensive Summer Japanese (JPNSE 1061 or JPNSE 1062)
Send a letter of application, hardcopy or e-mail, to the contact below. In the letter, please include the following points:
- Indicate whether you are interested in the First Year Japanese program or the Second Year Japanese program
- Explain your academic background
- Include a statement of purpose explaining the reason for studying Japanese and how training in Japanese will fit into your overall academic goal and/or professional career.
Also send your most recent academic transcript.
- East Asian Languages and Literatures, 110 Old Engineering Hall, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Applicant must have completed at least two years of Chinese language study or the equivalent by the inception of the award period
Complete application here. Applications must include:
- Official transcripts from each undergraduate and (if applicable) graduate program attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- A written statement (five pages double spaced maximum) summarizing academic goals, career objectives, research interests, and plans for use of the award
Graduate applicants must also submit
- An updated CV
- GRE scores