Tuition Remission Fellowships (TRFs)
CLAS has a limited amount of funds available for TRFs. TRFs pay partial or a full term's tuition only. TRFs are awarded according to the following priorities:
(1) Students from Latin America sponsored by LASPAU or IIE.
- LASPAU: Academic and Professional Programs for the America Fellowships for Latin American citizens (resident at the time of application) to study in U.S. universities. Candidates for these fellowships are nominated by their Latin American university. Transportation and maintenance are provided by LASPAU; tuition is provided by CLAS. For further information and application procedures, contact the U.S. Embassy in your country or write to: LASPAU, 25 Mt. Auburn St., Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
- IIE: Institute of International Education The same requirements and financing as described in the preceding paragraph for LASPAU pertain to fellowships available through IIE. For further information and application provedures contact the U.S. Embassy in your country or write to: IIE, 809 United Nations Plaza, New York, NY 10017, U.S.A.
(2) Students presented as official candidates by universities in Latin America that have exchange agreements with CLAS. For more information on CLAS agreement please contact Luis Bravo.
(3) Any remaining balance is awarded to students currently enrolled in CLAS; who demonstrate progress towards completing a CLAS certificate; who maintain a 3.0 QPA. (Note: First-term students are ineligible for TRFs; please apply after grades for the first term have been received.)