PublicationsVisit the Publications main page
AffiliationsBrowse a list of our overseas affiliations
Dear Faculty Members,
The Center for Russian and East European Studies greatly values your expertise and involvement with our world area, and we offer many resources to assist you with your teaching and research activities. As a REES-affiliated faculty member at the University of Pittsburgh, you will receive various benefits such as the following:
- Eligibility to apply for REES small grants for research, travel, and course development.
- Assistance from the Center’s professional staff with the preparation of external grant proposals and the administration of grants for projects related to the REES world area.
- Assistance with the organization of academic events on campus, such as conferences related to the REES world area.
- Access to REES’s extensive network of overseas affiliations with higher education institutions in the Center’s world region.
- Inclusion on REES’s faculty distribution list to receive notifications of upcoming Center events, such as lectures and seminars, and of current internal and external funding opportunities.
- Recognition as a REES-affiliated faculty member on the Center’s website, brochures, and other publicity materials, including the opportunity to have your recent accomplishments recognized in the biannual REES newsletter.
- Opportunities to participate in REES activities such as chairing panels at student conferences, serving on fellowship committees, and speaking at school and community outreach events.
- Opportunities to provide suggestions and input on enhancing REES’s current programs and developing new programs and activities to benefit our students and faculty.
Please contact our office to learn more about these opportunities, and about how you can become involved with REES if you are not currently an affiliated faculty member. We look forward to working with you.
Robert M. Hayden, Director, and the REES Staff