Since its founding in 1984, the European Studies Center has been committed to fostering academic pursuits related to the study of Europe and understanding of its history, its many cultures, and its role as a global actor in the 21st century.
The ESC is an internationally recognized resource for the study of Europe and has been designated as a Center of Excellence by both the European Union and the U.S. Department of Education. The United States Council on Learning identified the Center as one of the exemplary international studies programs in the United States.
A gift to the European Studies Center will ensure that it can continue to provide award-winning programs to Pitt students and faculty as well as the Pittsburgh region. Examples of programs that your gift might support include:
- Tuition support for an undergraduate pursuing a European Studies certificate
- Travel stipend for a graduate student to conduct field research for their PhD thesis
- Field trip transportation for high school students to participate in an event on campus
- Cultural events for the local community.
Click here to make a gift to the European Studies Center.
If you would like to learn more about giving to the European Studies Center or have any questions, please contact Kate Bowersox at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-648-8517.
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- European Horizons
- Library Research Advisor
- Brussels Summer Study Program
- Center Visitors
- K-16 Outreach
- For K-12
- For Undergraduate Students
- For Educators
- Brussels Study Tour