Faculty Grants for Research on Europe
The European Studies Center has grants available for faculty doing research related to Europe that is not focused on the European Union. The purpose of the European Studies Grant Competition is to develop and strengthen faculty expertise on various aspects of historical or contemporary Europe, its states and peoples. Awards are intended to be used during Summer 2016 for travel and/or other expenses related to original research on some aspect of European politics, culture, society, or history.
Awards for research-related activities typically range from $500 to $2,000 and are awarded competitively. Applicants will be asked to show efforts to secure matching funds from their department or school or from external sources.
Deadline: The deadline for this year has passed. We will advertise and encourage proposals again in 2017. Please contact Allyson Delnore for more information.
- Complete and submit Faculty European Grant Competition Application.
- Submit at current C.V.
- Submit a detailed budget listing all estimated expenses.
- Submit a written proposal of no more than five double-spaced pages. In the text of the proposal, please include a section addressing precisely how the funds will be used.
- Submit a copy of the IRB approval documentation.
- Ground and air transportation to and from research site, lodging.
- On-campus and on-site research assistance (work study, translator, etc.).
- Copy and other duplication costs.
- Books and subscriptions, if justifiably necessary for the research project.
- Ground and air transportation to and from the conference or workshop site.
- Visa expenses.
- Lodging and meal expenses.
- Duplication of papers for use at the conference or workshop.
- Registration fee for conference or workshop.
- Payment to foreign national firms for services provided outside the United States
- Travel expenses for individuals other than the applicant or a University of Pittsburgh student serving as a research assistant
- Payment to foreign national individuals for services provided outside the United States
- Any conference travel expenses if applicant does not present a paper at conference or workshop
- Membership fees
- Any expenses unrelated to the proposed activities
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Library Research Advisor
- Center Visitors
- K-16 Outreach
- For K-12
- For Undergraduate Students
- For Educators
- Brussels Study Tour