A Letter to International Students

UCIS Message

January 24, 2017

Dear Students,

Your OIS immigration specialist is the very best person for you to have a conversation with if you have any concerns or questions related to your stay at Pitt, such as visa status, travel home, or future employment. He or she knows your personal situation, understands the law, and has access to the latest information.

Of course, you may want information immediately, so below we summarize the most relevant sources of information as well as places you can quickly and easily seek guidance or help.

The Office of International Services (OIS)

  • Your Immigration Specialist – they only send important emails; always read them
  • My OIS – your personal web portal for international student services and resources
  • Global Perspectives monthly newsletter
  • The OIS website
  • Student Affairs
  • Your Resident Assistant, if you live in campus housing
  • Student Counseling Services – you can schedule an appointment or sign up for wellness workshops
  • Student Health Service – schedule an appointment online, by phone at 412-383-1800, or in person at their clinic in Nordenberg Hall, 119 University Drive
  • Connect with other students through the Student Organization Resource Center
  • Your Academic Department
  • Your academic advisor and departmental administrator
  • Faculty members who teach your classes

Please remember that your welfare, happiness and success studying at the University of Pittsburgh is deeply important to us. We are here for you. Talk to us about what's on your mind.


Armory Signature

Ariel Armony
Senior Director of International Programs
Director, University Center for International Studies

Cook Signature

Genevieve Cook
Office of International Services