Applicant must be:
- Pitt undergraduate student
- Strong record in Japanese language (2+ years of study) and area studies on Japan
- Award can only be used at the University of Pittsburgh's Oakland campus during the academic year while the student is in residence at the Oakland campus.
- Application form
- Transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate program attended
- An updated CV
- Three letters of recommendation
- A written statement of no more than 2000 words summarizing academic goals, career objectives, research interests and plans for use of the award.
- TOEFL scores (if applicable)
Purpose of grant:
This provides a $4,000 award to a Pitt undergraduate student who has compiled a strong record in Japanese language (at least two years of study) and in area studies courses on Japan.
Grant Region (new):