This deadline has been extended.
Funded through the Mitsubishi endowments
- Applicants must be graduate students in the social sciences or humanities at the University of Pittsburgh
- Applicants must have completed at least three years of Japanese language study or the equivalent by the inception of the award period
- Graduate students are eligible to receive no more than two of these fellowships
- Fellowships cannot be deferred for any reason.
- Students cannot hold a Mitsubishi Fellowship concurrent with another grant.
- Application form
- Transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate program attended
- An updated CV
- Three letters of recommendation
- A written statement of no more than 2000 words summarizing academic goals, career objectives, research interests and plans for use of the award.
- TOEFL scores (if applicable)
Tuition, fees, and a $21,000 stipend for the academic year
Purpose of grant:
This grant supports the study of Japan by graduate students in the social sciences or humanities at the University of Pittsburgh.
Grant Region (new):