The Center for Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies greatly values your expertise and involvement with our world area, and we offer many resources to assist you with your teaching and research activities. As a REEES-affiliated faculty member at the University of Pittsburgh, you will receive various benefits such as the following:
Eligibility to apply for REEES small grants for research, travel, and course development.
- Opportunity to include Diplomacy Lab projects course-sourced by the U.S. Department of State into your graduate classroom.
- Assistance from the Center’s professional staff with the preparation of external grant proposals and the administration of grants for projects related to the REEES world area.
- Assistance with the organization of academic events on campus, such as conferences related to the REEES world area.
- Access to REEES’s extensive network of international partner institutions with higher education institutions in the Center’s world region.
- Inclusion on REEES’s faculty distribution list to receive notifications of upcoming Center events, such as lectures and seminars, and of current internal and external funding opportunities.
- Recognition as a REEES-affiliated faculty member on the Center’s website, brochures, and other publicity materials, including the opportunity to have your recent accomplishments recognized in the biannual REEES newsletter.
- Opportunities to participate in REEES activities such as chairing panels at student conferences, serving on fellowship committees, and speaking at school and community outreach events.
- Opportunities to provide suggestions and input on enhancing REEES’s current programs and developing new programs and activities to benefit our students and faculty.
Please contact our office to learn more about these opportunities, and about how you can become involved with REEES if you are not currently an affiliated faculty member. We look forward to working with you.