Small Grants for Faculty Research and Travel
Each year the EUCE/ESC awards small grants (amounts are usually in the range of $500) to Affiliated Faculty to provide support for research-related expenses, conferences, translations of publications, and to help sponsor visitors who will give a public lecture at the University of Pittsburgh on a topic relevant to the center.
The purpose of these awards is to supplement departmental or other funding, and the Center will usually ask about other sources of funding. If an award is granted, the EUCE/ESC requests that the Center be acknowledged as a co-sponsor of any lecture or activity that receives funding. The EUCE/ESC will also help publicize such co-sponsored events to students, faculty, and community members.
There is no fixed deadline, and Affiliated Faculty may apply at any time during the year. Affiliated Faculty should apply for an EUCE/ESC Small Grant by emailing or sending a hard copy to the Director, Dr. Ronald Linden, with a copy to the Associate Director, Allyson Delnore. Applicants should indicate the total budget for the project, other possible funding sources, and the amount requested from the EUCE/ESC.
• Ground and air transportation to and from research site, lodging.
• On-campus and on-site research assistance (work study, translator, etc.).
• Copy and other duplication costs.
• Books and subscriptions, if justifiably necessary for the research project.
• Ground and air transportation to and from the conference or workshop site.
• Visa expenses.
• Lodging and meal expenses.
• Duplication of papers for use at the conference or workshop.
• Registration fee for conference or workshop.
• Payment to foreign national firms for services provided outside the United States
• Travel expenses for individuals other than the applicant or a University of Pittsburgh student serving as a research assistant
• Payment to foreign national individuals for services provided outside the United States
• Any conference travel expenses if applicant does not present a paper at conference or workshop
• Membership fees
• Any expenses unrelated to the proposed activities.
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Library Research Advisor
- Center Visitors
- K-12 Outreach