Sheth International Achievement Awards
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2017 Sheth International Achievement Awards, which recognize the international achievements by a current faculty member and by an alumnus of the University of Pittsburgh. To nominate a candidate, please choose one of the nomination form links below from the two awards. Deadline is January 5, 2017. The 2017 Sheth International Achievement Awards presentation event will be held on April 5, 2017.
- The Sheth Distinguished Faculty Award for International Achievement recognizes the contributions of a current University of Pittsburgh faculty member's contributions to furthering international education.
- The Sheth International Young Alumni Achievement Award acknowledges a University of Pittsburgh alumnus for contributions to the international community, through professional achievement and societal impact.
The awards were established in 2012 through the generosity of Pitt alumni Madhu and Dr. Jagdish N. Sheth (Business ’62G, ’66G) and the Sheth Family Foundation. Dr. Jagdish N. Sheth is a renowned scholar and internationally recognized thought leader, who has offered more than a thousand presentations in at least 20 countries. Currently, he is the Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing at Emory University. Together with his wife, Madhu, he is dedicated to promote global thinking and international endeavors through the Sheth Family Foundation.
The University Center for International Studies manages the nomination process and organized the annual Sheth International Achievement awards ceremony and dinner, in which each winner receives a customized award.
Past Pitt faculty recipients of the Sheth International Distinguished Faculty Award for International Achievement are:
- 2016 John Mahoney, School of Medicine
- 2015 Minking Chyu, Swanson School of Engineering
- 2013 Kathleen Musante, Department of Anthropology, Center for Latin American Studies
- 2012 Kathryn Linduff, Department of Art and Architecture, Department of Anthropology
Past recipients of the Sheth International Young Alumni Award for International Achievement are:
- 2016 Willys de Andrade Santos, (GSPIA’06)
- 2015 Asha Williams, (GSPIA’07, UCIS’07)
- 2013 Kakenya Ntaiya, Ph.D. (EDUC’11)
- 2012 Divia Thani, (UPB ’01)
Dr. Jagdish N. Sheth is a renowned scholar and world authority in the field of marketing. His insights on global competition, strategic thinking and customer relationship management are considered revolutionary.
He is the Charles H. Kellstadt Chair of Marketing in the Goizueta Business School at Emory University. Prior to this, he was a distinguished faculty member at the University of Southern California, the University of Illinois, Columbia University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Dr. Sheth is nationally and internationally known for his scholarly contributions in consumer behavior, relationship marketing, competitive strategy and geopolitical analysis. He has worked for numerous industries and companies in the United States, Europe and Asia, both as an Advisor and as a Seminar Leader. His clients include AT&T, BellSouth, Cox Communications, Delta, Ernst & Young, Ford, GE, Lucent Technologies, Motorola, Nortel, Pillsbury, Sprint, Square D, 3M, Whirlpool and many more. He has offered more than a thousand presentations in at least twenty countries.
In addition to his academic pursuits, Dr. Sheth works diligently to promote global thinking and international endeavors through The Sheth Foundation. It is because of this mission and his generosity that we accept nominations every spring for two awards that will benefit the University of Pittsburgh community and recognize commitments to the international community.