The Center for Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies offers undergraduate and graduate students a stimulating interdisciplinary program providing an understanding of the history and culture of the nations of Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, as well as the critical process of political and economic change taking place in this region of the world. Students can participate in a rich variety of extracurricular activities, including student-faculty discussion groups, overseas projects, research conferences, REEES's own graduate student association, language socials, and student clubs focusing on language and culture. Student programs are based on the premise that the best method for preparing specialists on Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies is to provide a wide range of academic and professional courses on these subjects that complement work in a major discipline.
Opportunities include certificate programs for undergraduate and graduate students in Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies and European Studies, academic advising, study abroad, and information on funding opportunities.
Undergraduate Certificates offered:
- Certificate in Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies
- Related Concentration in European and Eurasian Studies
- Certificate in Mediterranean Studies
Graduate Certificates offered:
- Graduate Certificate in Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies
- Graduate Certificate in European Union Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Mediterranean Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Central European Studies (more information coming soon!)