COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT INTERN
University Center for International Studies
$20,000 Tuition Remission Fellowship
The University Center for International Studies (UCIS) Engagement Team invites qualified graduate students to apply for the Community Engagement Internship. Applicants will preferably be enrolled in a graduate UCIS certificate program and be a student of outstanding ability (QPA of 3.0 or above) for a tuition remission fellowship in the amount of $20,000 for the 2020-21 academic year.
The recipient of the fellowship will be required to work twenty hours per week during the fall and spring terms. They will support programming for university, K-12, and community engagement carried out by the UCIS Engagement Team, including events in a virtual environment. The position will require some weekend and evening hours when events are held.
- Serve as advisor for Pitt Model UN Club, including assisting with the organization and execution of the (online) High School Model United Nations competition in Fall 2020.
- Support all aspects of outreach programming from promotion, registration, and implementation to evaluation.
- Maintain databases for UCIS Engagement constituent groups including K-12 educators, community organizations, community college partners, etc.
- Prepare the Monthly K-12 Educators Newsletter and Monthly Community College/MSI partners Newsletter
- Update Engagement social media and website
- Monitor and respond to outreach email
- Assist in developing surveys and collecting data for program assessment
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrollment in a University of Pittsburgh graduate program by Fall 2020
- Excellent writing and speaking abilities
- Must demonstrate professional work etiquette including: strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, detail orientation, and forward thinking
- Must have experience in program management and interfacing with the public
- Strong technology skills, including Zoom, Teams, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Experience with Model UN programs
- Experience advising students or student organizations
- Self-starter who can multi-task in an online environment
Email a cover letter to UCIS Engagement Manager Lynn Kawaratani (email@example.com) explaining your qualifications and why you are interested in this internship. Please submit your resume/CV that includes your cell phone number and email address. Preference given to applications submitted by Friday, September 4th.