CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Deadline: April 15, 2023. As an international powerhouse, the University of Pittsburgh envisions young women and men endowed with international knowledge, skills and experiences who can graduate as global citizens primed to assume global leadership roles. Each year, the University attracts nearly 1,800 international students from more than 100 nations; they come to study at one of Pitt’s four campuses.
The Sheth International Young Alumni Achievement Award honors an international Pitt alumnus for his/her contributions to the international community through their professional achievements and impact on society. Please consider nominating one of your former classmates or a prominent alumnus whom you may know for this prestigious recogntion.
The Award was established in 2012 through the generosity of Madhu and Dr. Jagdish N. Sheth (Business ’62G, ’66G) and the Sheth Family Foundation to recognize members of the University of Pittsburgh alumni community.
Eligibility and Award Criteria
- Hold a degree from the University of Pittsburgh (as a Young Alumni Award candidate, the nominee must have graduated within the past 15 years)
- Have been a citizen of a country other than the U.S.A. at the time of enrollment at the University of Pittsburgh
- Not be a current member of the University of Pittsburgh faculty or staff
- Be distinguished in one’s profession or life’s work
- Be of such stature and accomplishment that students, faculty and staff of the University of Pittsburgh will take pride in and be inspired by one’s recognition
The nominator will complete the online form. In addition to contact information, it will include a narrative of the nominee’s qualities, achievements and work that fit the award criteria. Once a person is submitted for consideration we will contact them to let them know about their nomination and solicit full application materials and letters of support. We will also contact the nominator to take the next steps in the process which will include contact information for two additional references.
To be eligible for consideration, all nominations must be submitted by April 15, 2023.
The award winner will be honored and receive a customized award at a reception in the Fall of 2023, at the University of Pittsburgh. All expenses to attend the award ceremony will be assumed by the University of Pittsburgh.
Please complete and submit the form below to nominate someone for this award. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. If you have any questions about the forms or nomination process, please contact Jason Kane at email@example.com or Laura Daversa at firstname.lastname@example.org.