There are many internal and external resources available for faculty to fund their scholarship and research based in Africa or related to African affairs.
- African Studies Program Faculty Small Research Grants
- Central Research Development Fund
- Social Science Research Initiative
- Hewlett International Grants
- UCIS Faculty Fellowship
- Nationality Rooms - Bowman Grant
- PIVOT - Search for opportunities by keyword or discipline; Pitt offers a free subscription
Campus resources include rich collections of materials related to Africa in our libraries and museums. The librarians have compiled a very helpful resource including the African Studies and African Country Resources @ Pitt. This guide provides selected high-quality resources on the global, political, economic, social and cultural aspects of the continent of Africa and its countries. It features individual country pages as well as sources searchable by topic or country.
The library also offers finding grants workshops that might be of benefit to anyone interested in applying for public and private grants to support their study abroad or other activities in Africa.
Feel free to contact African Studies Program for guidance and support on applying for grants.