Project GO scholarships from the University of Pittsburgh’s Center for Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies provide full scholarships to ROTC students enrolled at any accredited college or university in the US for 8 weeks of intensive summer language study in Russian (beginning through fourth-year). These programs provide students with the equivalent of one academic year’s worth of language training, in addition to opportunities to build their inter-cultural competence and travel abroad.
Project GO is an initiative sponsored by the Defense Language and National Security Education Office and administered by the Institute of International Education.
All Pitt Project GO scholarships fully cover the cost of:
- program tuition
- housing for the duration of the program
- all textbooks required for the student’s course
- travel to the program site
- meals not covered by the program (a living stipend)
Program Dates and Locations:
- Beginning-level Russian language students (i.e., those who have no prior experience in the language) and 2nd year Russian students may apply for a Project GO scholarship to enroll in Pitt's Summer Language Institute, held on the main University of Pittsburgh campus from June 3 - July 26, 2024.
- National Guard students are not eligible to study abroad with Project GO, but may apply for a Project GO scholarship to enroll in Pitt's Summer Language Institute for Russian language training at the 1st through 4th-year levels.
- 2nd through 4th-year Russian language students (i.e., those who will have completed the equivalent of 2-6 semesters by June 2024) may apply for a Project GO scholarship to study in an exclusive Pitt Project GO intensive Russian language program held at Narva College of the University of Tartu in Narva, Estonia. All students will engage in daily language classes and a cultural program including lectures, films, conversation sessions, and local and weekend excursions. Courses will run from June 8 - August 3, 2024.
Access the program application after reviewing the eligibility requirements.
- Application deadline for the Pitt Project GO Overseas Program (2nd, 3rd, or 4th-year Russian in Narva, Estonia): January 18, 2024. APPLY HERE
- Application deadline for the Pitt Project GO Domestic Program (1st-2nd year Russian or National Guard students): February 27, 2024. APPLY HERE
Please email email@example.com with any questions.