Student Club Coalition Registration
The purpose of the Student Club Coalition is to give clubs related to Latin America, the Caribbean, and the diaspora, an opportunity to be officially related to and involved with CLAS, providing mutual support for student engagement. Being part of the coalition offers the following benefits:
Related clubs can receive funding for the academic year to use for programming and events
- Related clubs' events, programming, and announcements will be featured in the CLAS weekly newsletter and/or social media
Expectations to remain in good standing with the Coalition:
- Newsletter promotion: CLAS events, programming, and scholarship opportunities should be promoted in the club's newsletter or during club meetings.
- Meetings: The club will be required to participate in two CLAS Student Club Coalition meetings per semester. Dates and times for the meetings will be announced in late September.
- Interclub collaboration: We would like to see evidence of interclub collaboration at least once per academic year. Examples of interclub collaboration include: co-sponsored volunteer opportunities, a panel event, a social event, a networking event, etc. Please note, extra funds may be available for interclub events.
- Participation in the Latin American and Caribbean Festival
Affiliated student groups will be required to renew their membership in the Student Club Coalition each academic year. To see the Coalition Members from 2020-2021, please visit this page.