CLAS Graduate Student Field Research Grant
The deadline for submission of ALL application materials is Friday, March 5, 2021
- A completed Graduate Certificate Progress Report. Applicants must meet with the CLAS Assistant Director for Academic Affairs, Luis Van Fossen Bravo, to get the Graduate Student Progress Report Form approved, dated, and signed by February 26, 2021. For any questions regarding completion of the form, please contact Luis Bravo (firstname.lastname@example.org). To set up an appointment of the graduate student progress report, please visit: http://www.ucis.pitt.edu/clas/advising. This has to be done before applying for the grant, see below for instructions.
A completed grant application form;
- A full description of the project not to exceed four (4) double-spaced pages as follows—(a) Topic/Problem, (b) Signifcance of/Need for the Research, and (c) Methodology/Tools.
- A detailed budget (at least 75% must be for transportation)
- Specific travel plans (Please click here to read Important Information about travel and IRB requirements.) NOTE: We highly recommend having a plan that can be applicable if you need to do research virtually or cannot travel.
- An up-to-date University of Pittsburgh transcript, along with a copy of your current registration.
- A Letter of Project Appraisal from your Project Advisor (to be submitted by advisor). We highly recommend having a plan that includes contingencies should you need to do research virtually because of applicable travel restrictions. They need to email the letter to email@example.com.
- You may be asked to participate in the Latin American Social and Public Policy (LASPP) Conference during the SPring of the academic year you applied for. Take this into account when writing your report (taking this into account will save time and effort later).
Any questions about the grant application please contact:
Luz Amanda Hank, Asst. Director for Partnerships and Programming, firstname.lastname@example.org