The Shirley Kregar Scholarship Competition
During her distinguished career at CLAS, Shirley Kregar, always a fervent advocate for international study, mentored hundreds of students in their quest to gain cross-cultural experience. CLAS is proud to make available awards to be named in Shirley’s honor. The Center for Latin American Studies (CLAS) is very pleased to announce the opening of the competition for this year’s Shirley Kregar Scholarships for international study abroad.
Two scholarships ($1,000 each) will be awarded this year to support students planning to study abroad during this academic year. Deadline: Monday, March 4, 2019
CLAS is seeking candidates who are:
- currently actively pursuing the CLAS undergraduate certificate;
- maintaining a strong record of academic progress.
For consideration, applicants must submit:
- a proposed plan for study abroad to Latin America;
- a statement of academic intent that addresses both academic and personal goals, as well as an explanation of why you feel you are one of the most deserving candidates for this award. Please also address how you are currently financing your college education;
- a resume;
- a current, unofficial transcript.
To apply go to: http://www.ucis.pitt.edu/clas/combined_application