Edward J. and Jacqueline M. Musante Award
OPEN TO UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN THE CENTER FOR LATIN AMERICAN STUDIES’ (CLAS) CERTIFICATE/RELATED CONCENTRATION PROGRAMS
On December 31, 2013, Kathleen Musante ended her term as longest-serving Director of CLAS. CLAS is proud to make available awards named in honor of her parents, Edward J. and Jacqueline M. Musante. One award of $1,000 will be made available this year to provide financial support for travel and other educational expenses to undergraduate students who are conducting research in Latin America.
Deadline: Monday, March 4, 2019
For this award, CLAS is seeking candidates who are:
- currently actively pursuing the CLAS undergraduate certificate;
- maintaining a strong record of academic progress.
For consideration, applicants must submit:
- a proposed plan for study abroad to Latin America;
- a statement of academic intent that addresses both academic and personal goals, as well as an explanation of why you feel you are one of the most deserving candidates for this award. Please also address how you are currently financing your college education;
- a resume;
- a current, unofficial transcript.