2018-19 Travel to Professional Meetings
The maximum amount of a CLAS Travel to Professional Meeting grant is $500. To be eligible for a grant, students must be enrolled in one of the two graduate certificates offered by the Center for Latin American Studies, making progress towards completion, and the paper being presented or the session in which the individual is participating as organizer, discussant, or moderator must deal with the Latin American/Caribbean region. Students can receive up to $500 each academic year. Keep in mind:
- Funding is limited and grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, if you do not submit your application early in the academic year, you may not receive funds. Funding for travel to professional meetings that take place between September and August should be requested no later than May 15. In general, you should apply for funding as soon as you have confirmation that you will be participating in a meeting/conference.
- The funds can be used to pay for airline tickets for travel within the United States. They cannot, however, be used to pay for international airfare.
- The funds can be used to cover food, lodging, and incidental expenses (that is, per diem expenses) related to participation in a meeting/conference any where in the world.
- You will need to submit the documentation that your paper or session has been accepted.
- The funds will be reimbursed after you present your receipts. Please note that it may take at least 10 working days to be reimbursed.
If you have any questions about the information contained in this message, please contact:
Luz Amanda Hank
4205 Wesley W. Posvar Hall
Please allow two weeks for processing