Undergraduate Teaching Award
The Undergraduate Teaching Award offers undergraduates the opportunity to enrich their educational experience, enhance their resumé, and receive a cash award of $750. The Award is given to an outstanding undergraduate (currently enrolled in Latin American Studies) to assist a professor in a Latin American course and is generally available each term.
To apply, the student and the CLAS faculty member must present the following documents:
- Nomination of a student for the award should be done by the faculty member in a maximum of three pages and should include: (a) how the student will participate in the course and; (b) how the student’s involvement is expected to contribute to implementation of teaching innovation otherwise not possible without the time commitment of an assistant.
- The student should submit a statement (three-page maximum) defining his/her own goals in the course;
- The student should submit an up-to-date transcript (an unofficial copy is acceptable);
- ONE letter of recommendation of the student's qualifications to serve as a teaching fellow should be submitted by a faculty member other than the sponsor;
- The student's name, local and home addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail address should be included in the application
Applications for the fellowships should be marked "Undergraduate Teaching Fellowship" and sent to Julian Asenjo, Latin American Studies, 4207 W.W. Posvar Hall, Center for Latin American Studies, University Center for International Studies, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260.
Deadline: Monday, March 21, 2016.