Global Studies Center Fellowships and Internships
The Global Studies Center looks for students to fill the following positions on a yearly basis:
- Global Studies Student Ambassador;
- Information Specialist Intern;
- Publications/Public Relations Intern;
- Film Production Intern
To find out more about about what being a GSSA fellow or GSC intern involves, why not contact our existing fellow/interns? Here is the link to their profiles: GSSA's and Interns
Global Studies Undergraduate Student Ambassador Fellowships/ Internships
The Global Studies Center is pleased to announce the Global Studies' Student Ambassador (GSSA) Fellowship for undergraduate students enrolled in a GSC academic program. The Fellowship pays a partial term's tuition, and requires contributing to the Center, working 10 hours/week marketing GSC’s academic credentials, mentoring incoming undergraduate students enrolled in GSC programs, organizing and participating in UCIS Global Hub events and UCIS student initiatives, assisting with guest lectures. Those receiving the fellowship are expected to begin within the first week of the Fall term, when the Fellowship amount will be credited to the student's PeopleSoft account.
Must be currently enrolled in, and must demonstrate progress towards completing, one of the following: Undergraduate Certificate (Global Health or Global Studies), Graduate Certificate, or Bachelor of Philosophy in International and Area Studies (BPhil-IAS), Global Studies Track.
Minimum QPA: Undergraduate Certificate students: 3.0; Graduate Certificate and BPhil students: 3.5. Note: First-term students are not eligible to be GSSAs; please apply after grades for the first term have been received.
Must demonstrate professional work etiquette including: strong interpersonal skills, public speaking and writing skills, ability to work independently, detail oriented, and forward thinking.
Application Materials for GSSA or Internship positions:
- Completed application form (available at the link below) with an e-mail address and phone number via which you can be contacted for an interview;
- A cover letter explaining how you are qualified for the position, and your reasons for applying;
- A Curriculum Vitae, including relevant work and course experience;
- Your most recent transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable.)
Contact Elaine Linn at email@example.com with any questions.