Federal Advocacy Office:
600 Pennsylvania Ave. SE, Ste. 400, Washington, DC 20003
Ph: (202) 683-1250
Region of Focus:
What do interns with Environment America do? You’ll help us educate and engage citizens on the most critical environmental issues of our time. You’ll help us get our issues into the media, build coalitions, organize events and lobby decision-makers. Ultimately, you’ll help us build the kind of public support it takes to win.
- We’re defending our environment. President Trump and Congress are moving to slash the protections and programs that keep industries from polluting our air and water, threatening our health, degrading our public lands, jeopardizing our oceans, and accelerating global warming. Most Americans want more, not fewer, protections for the people and places we love. Our best chance of stopping these attacks is in the U.S. Senate. We’re urging our elected officials to make a stand to protect our health and the places we love.
- We're doing our part to stop global warming. Since 2000, we’ve experienced 16 of the 17 warmest years on record — including 2016, the hottest year ever recorded. Our challenge is stop putting more carbon pollution into the air. Over the past eight years, we’ve taken significant steps to reduce global warming pollution from power plants as well as cars and trucks. And we refuse to let this environmental progress stop. So we’re working to rally millions of American citizens, along with local elected officials and other powerful voices to cut global warming pollution on the national and state levels.
- We're working to keep our public lands in public hands and save the bees. Our parks, forests, monuments and other public lands are a big part of what makes this country so great. They’re where we go to spend time outdoors with our families and friends, to hike, bike, fish and see wild animals. Yet instead of helping to protect our public lands for future generations, some shortsighted leaders in Congress and the Trump administration have other ideas. Environment America is bringing people together to make preserving special places a priority. We’re also working to save the bees through our Bee Friendly Food Alliance.
- We're protecting our rivers, lakes and drinking water. To protect our waterways we need to crack down on pollution from factory farms, sewage and other sources. And we know it won’t be easy because of big opposition from developers, giant agribusiness and other polluters. We’re working to harness the huge grassroots support for clean water and turn it into the political power we need to have a lasting direct impact on our waterways. We’re also working to Get the Lead Out of water at schools and pre-schools so children came have safe drinking water where they learn and play.
We’re looking for students who care deeply about the environment and are ready to make a difference now.
As an intern:
- You’ll learn how to analyze environmental problems, push for smart solutions, and build the public support it takes to win.
- You’ll work side-by-side with one of our advocates, learning the ropes.
- And you'll attend briefings and trainings to learn even more about environmental issues and gain organizing skills.
Region of Focus: