Policy and Working Paper Series
From 1995 to 2009, the EUCE/ESC published a series of papers focusing on a variety of European domestic and international policy areas. While this series is no longer active, the papers listed below are still available upon request.
European Policy Paper Series
- Air Transport and the EU's Emissions Trading Scheme, by Martin Staniland, Professor and International Affairs Division Director, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh. June 2009
- The EU-China Strategic Partnership: Achievements And Challenges, by Jing Men, Assistant Professor at Vesalius College in Brussels. November 2007
- Telecommunications Policy in Turkey: Restructuring for Economic Growth by James B. Burnham, a former high-level U.S. government official and Mellon Bank executive, is currently Murrin Professor of Global Competitiveness at the Donahue Graduate School of Business, Duquesne University, November 2006
- Trouble Brewing? EU and Member-State Public Health Policy and the European Beer Industry, by Pamela Camerra-Rowe, Assistant Professor of Political Science at Kenyon College, November 2005
- EU Decision-Making after the Treaty Establishing a Constitution for Europe, by Youri Devuyst, Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Free University of Brussels), Belgium, July 2004.
- Regulating Biotechnology: Comparing EU and US Approaches, by Lee Ann Patterson, Research Associate, European Union Center, University of Pittsburgh; Timothy E. Josling, Professor and Senior Fellow, Institute for International Studies, Stanford University. May 2002.
- The Politics of Galileo, by Johan Lembke, Visiting Center Associate, University of Pittsburgh, 1999-2001.
- Transatlantic Air Transport: Routes To Liberalization, by Martin Staniland, Professor, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh. 2000.
- Reform of the Structural Funds after 1999, by Iain Begg, Professor of International Economics, South Bank University, London. Available August 1997.
- European Economic and Monetary Union -- Transitional Issues and Third-Stage Dilemmas, by David Cameron, Professor, Yale University. Available May 1997.
- Open Skies-Fewer Planes? Public Policy and Corporate Strategy in EU-US Aviation Relations, by Martin Staniland, Professor of International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh. August 1996.
- Subsidies, Competition Laws, and Politics, by Giuseppe Cacciato, European Commission. July 1996.
- Transatlantic Trade Policy: US Market Opening Strategies, by Youri Devuyst, Professor, Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Free University of Brussels - ULB). 1995.
Working Paper Series
- Aviation Security and Passenger Data Exchange – The Need for a Multilateral Arrangement, by Dinos Stasinopoulos, European Union Fellow at the EU Center at the University of Pittsburgh; Martin Staniland, Professor, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh, May 2005
- The Kyoto Protocol’s Emissions Trading System: An EU-US Environmental Flip-Flop, by Chad Damro Lecturer of Politics in the School of Social and Political Studies at the University of Edinburgh; Pilar Luaces-Méndez, Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Political Science at the Universidad de Santiago de Compostela in Spain. August 2003.
- Surviving The Single Market: The dilemmas and strategies of “small-country” airlines, by Martin Staniland, Professor, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh. 2003.
- Technology, MNE's and Convergence in US and European Industrial and Technology Policies, by Steven McGuire, Assistant Professor in International Management, Royal Holloway College, University of London. January 1999.
- Ireland's Economic Transformation. Industrial Policy, European Integration and Social Partnership, by Rory O'Donnell, Jean Monnet Associate Professor of European Business Studies, University College Dublin. December 1998.
- Bandwagon or Barriers? The Role of Standards in the European and American Marketplace, by Michelle Egan, Professor in the School of International Service, American University. Available December 1997.