Brussels Study Tour - June 17-23, 2018
Each summer the University of Pittsburgh's European Studies Center plans a five-day trip to Brussels, Belgium to learn about the European Union in collaboration with university partners from across the nation. ESC will provide funds to support summer study tours of Brussels for undergraduates, K-12 educators, and faculty teaching at community colleges or minority serving institutions. This study tour will provide you with the opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge and experiences to further your understanding of Europe and the European Union. To see the 2018 Itinerary, click here.
Applications have closed. All selected participants will receive grants providing at least 1,000€ toward the cost of their airfare to Brussels and six (6) nights double (shared) occupancy in a four-star hotel located in the EU Quarter. Hotel breakfasts are included, as is one group dinner. Participants will be responsible for all other meal costs, additional expenses, and any transportation expenses over 1,000€. There will also be a $275 USD non-refundable adminsitrative fee charged to all participants.
2018 Brussels Study Tour Participants
Through support from the U.S. Department of Education and the Delegation of the European Union to the United States, the European Studies Center at the University of Pittsburgh has selected the following participants to go on the 2018 Brussels Study Tour to learn first-hand about the European Union:
- Brittany Berry, Springdale School District, Springdale, AR
- Julia Fennell, Community College of Allegheny County, Pittsburgh, PA
- Sarah Jenyk, Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH
- Rhea Klenovich, Community College of Allegheny County, Pittsburgh, PA
- Tasha Lindsay, Paradise Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Irene McMahon, Chicago Public Schools, Chicago, IL
- Katherine Musselman, Baldwin-Whitehall School District, Pittsburgh, PA
- Amy Palo, Cornell School District, Coraopolis, PA
- Sean Sich, Mahoning County Educational Service Center, Canfield, OH
- Nicole Vickerman, Plano Independent School District, Plano, TX
- Jaime Walker, Springdale School District, Springdale, AR
Participants from partnering universities from across the nation will also be attending the Brussels Study Tour this June.
Funding provided by the International and Foreign Language Education (IFLE) office of the U.S. Department of Education and through a Getting to Know Europe Grant provided by the EU Delegation to the U.S. in partnership with the Center for European Studies at the University of North Carolina, Chapel-Hill.