**Covid-19 Adivsory: The University of Pittsburgh has issued restrictions against any non-essential travel. As a result, the ESC will not fund or reimburse expenses incurred for travel at this time. Anyone receiving funding for research from the ESC must not plan any travel until the travel restrictions have been listed. The information below, as it pertains to travel, will apply only after the University's travel ban has ended.
Allowable and Non-Allowable Expenses
- Ground and air transportation to and from research site, lodging.
- On-campus and on-site research assistance (work study, translator, etc.).
- Copy and other duplication costs.
- Books and subscriptions, if justifiably necessary for the research project.
- Ground and air transportation to and from the conference or workshop site.
- Visa expenses.
- Lodging and meal expenses.
- Duplication of papers for use at the conference or workshop.
- Registration fee for conference or workshop.
- Payment to foreign national firms for services provided outside the United States
- Travel expenses for individuals other than the applicant
- Payment to foreign national individuals for services provided outside the United States
- Any conference travel expenses if applicant does not present a paper at conference or workshop
- Membership fees
- Any expenses unrelated to the proposed activities.
Regulations Regarding Travel (Registering Your Travel)
All awards from the European Studies Center are subject to the University of Pittsburgh International Travel Guidelines for Students.
Your funding from the ESC is contingent upon your adherence to these guidelines and you must show proof of completing the required forms issued by Study Abroad Office prior to departure to remain eligible for funding. You shoud forward the confirmation email you receive to Iris Matijevic at lest two weeks prior to your departure date.
Should the university issue additional travel restrictions in advance of or during your ESC-funded trip, you will be expected to comply with the new restrictions. Should you have to cancel a trip for which you have already incurred out-of-pocket expenses due to a University-imposed travel restriction, please contact Allyson Delnore to determine if and how the expenses can still be reimbursed. If you choose to undertake travel that violates University policy and guidelines, your grant will be revoked and no expenses will be reimbursed.
Information for Klinzing and Sbragia Grant recipients
Guidelines and Stipulations are sent out with all award letters and important information about receiving your grant. Please read them over carefully to avoid delays in processing your grant payments.