INTERNSHIPS AT THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT LIAISON OFFICE
The European Parliament Liaison Office in Washington DC has announced the launch of its next round of paid, full-time internships aimed at US graduates. Interns will be accepted in their Washington DC office from May 1st – July 31st, 2020, with an option to extend the internship for a further two months at their headquarters in Brussels. The deadline to submit an application is March 4th. They require a CV in Europass format, a personal statement and two letters of recommendation. More information on their website.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS (MEMBERSHIPS)
The European Studies Center holds institutional memberships in a variety of international professional organizations that support faculty and student research and teaching interests.
- Up to four Pitt graduate students can attend the EUSA biennial conference without paying a registration fee.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Membership in UACES and Members rates for conference attendees (up to 10)
- Eligible to apply for UACES small events grants
- Eligibility for a wide range of grants and awards to support studies, research, and publications related to European studies.
- Access to CES Research networks to develop professional connections. In particular, the ESC is proud to help support th European Culture Network.
- A discounted rate for registration at the annual conference.
BIAAS 2020-2021 GRANTS
The Botstiber Institute for Austrian-American Studies (BIAAS) seeks grant proposals for projects aimed at promoting an understanding of the historic relationship between the United States and Austria (including Habsburg Austria) in the fields of history, politics, economics, law, cultural studies, and public history. Grants may include support for research, exhibits, publications, and web/media projects. Salary replacement and/or tuition are not eligible.
Applications for the 2020-2021 BIAAS grant cycle must be submitted online by March 1, 2020.
The Fulbright and Boren Fellowships allow international travel in relation to your research interests, and they also lead to great future opportunities.