PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS (MEMBERSHIPS)
The European Studies Center holds institutional memberships in a variety of international professional organizations that support faculty and student research and teaching interests.
- Up to four Pitt graduate students can attend the EUSA biennial conference without paying a registration fee.
- Contact email@example.com to learn more.
Membership in UACES and Members rates for conference attendees (up to 10)
- Eligible to apply for UACES small events grants
- Eligibility for a wide range of grants and awards to support studies, research, and publications related to European studies.
- Access to CES Research networks to develop professional connections. In particular, the ESC is proud to help support th European Culture Network.
- A discounted rate for registration at the annual conference.
FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES and CALLS FOR PAPERS
Call for Papers: Transatlantic Policy Simposium at Georgetown University
This year's theme is titled: "Building Better Partnerships: Transatlantic Cooperation with the Developing World". The conference willtake place on February 12th, 2021 (virtually). Proposals are due November 15, 2020.
Call for Papers – 6th Jean Monnet Doctoral Workshop, University of Bologna
The title of this year’s workshop is: “The extraterritorial application of EU law: A contribution to its global reach." The workshop will take place on March 18-19, 2021. Proposals are due November 30, 2020.
The Botstiber Institute for Austrian-American Studies (BIAAS) seeks grant proposals for projects aimed at promoting an understanding of the historic relationship between the United States and Austria (including Habsburg Austria) in the fields of history, politics, economics, law, cultural studies, and public history. Grants may include support for research, exhibits, publications, and web/media projects. Salary replacement and/or tuition are not eligible.
Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertaion Research Abroad Fellowships
The Fulbright and Boren Fellowships allow international travel in relation to your research interests, and they also lead to great future opportunities.
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT OPPORTUNITIES
A list of external funding opportunties for undergraduate students interested in Europe is also available under the Students tab.
Dr. Daniel S. Hamilton at Johns Hopkins University SAIS compiles a regular list of "Transatlantic Must-Reads" that can be delivered to your inbox daily. Sign up for Must-Reads and see the archive of past suggestions here.