The European Studies Center has grants available for affiliated faculty doing research related to Europe that is not focused on the European Union. The purpose of the European Studies Grant Competition is to develop and strengthen faculty expertise on various aspects of historical or contemporary Europe, its states and peoples. Awards are intended to be used during Summer 2022 for expenses related to original research on some aspect of European politics, culture, society, or history.
*These grants are not intended to support conference travel. If the primary purpose of your trip is to travel to a conference, please apply for small grant funding, instead.
Who is eligible: Affiliated faculty at any University of Pittsburgh campus who have completed an updated UCIS faculty survey. Faculty with visiting appointments or affiliated faculty who do not teach at Pitt are not eligible.
Awards for research-related activities typically range from $500 to $2,000 and are awarded competitively. Applicants will be asked to show efforts to secure matching funds from their department or school or from external sources.
Deadline: January 7, 2022 11:59 pm EST.
- Complete and submit an applicaiton on Submittable. Click here to access the application.
- Be sure your faculty survey is up-to-date.
- Upload your current C.V.
- Upload a detailed budget listing all estimated expenses.
- Upload a written proposal of no more than five double-spaced pages. In the text of the proposal, please include a section addressing precisely how the funds will be used.
- Upload a copy of the IRB approval documentation (if applicable).
For questions on eligibiity, please contact Allyson Delnore, ESC Associate Director, for further information at email@example.com.
For any questions about the Submittable application process, please contact Iris Matijevic, Activites, Events, and Partnerships Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the Post Award Guidelines before applying.