Engaging EU: From Campus to Community
Period of Grant: November 2017 - October 2018
In partnership with the Center for European Studies at the University of North Carolina, this grant aims to increase understanding of the European Union across a range of audiences through community-wide events, study tours in Brussels for educators, and a symposium on outreach for community engagement university administrators. Funded by the EU Delegation to the US.
- Brussels Study Tour
- EuroFest (Pitt)
- Europe Day Contest (Pitt)
- EU Outreach Symposium (hosted jointly by Pitt and UNC in Washington D.C.)
- EU2U Information Briefings from Pitt and from UNC
- EU Prize for Literature Author Tour (Pitt and UNC)
- Europe Week at Carolina (UNC)
Europe Week Essay Contest (UNC)
- See the winning essays on the CES Medium Blog.
Pittsburgh Global Town Hall: Climate, Gender, and Sustainability
- September 19-20, 2020, University of Pittsburgh
Funding provided by the International and Foreign Language Education (IFLE) office of the U.S. Department of Education and through a Getting to Know Europe Grant provided by the EU Delegation to the U.S. in partnership with the Center for European Studies at the University of North Carolina, Chapel-Hill.